- Boards & Commissions
- City Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Mayor & Town Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Contact Us
P.O. Box 279 Double Springs, AL 35553
205-489-5447 Ext 1
The Town of Double Springs City Secretary performs many duties vital to the daily operations of City Hall. Listed below you will find many of the duties performed.
- Record and edit the minutes of meetings and distribute to appropriate officials or staff members.
- Respond to requests for information from the public, other municipalities, state officials, or state and federal legislative offices.
- Perform general office duties, typing or proofreading correspondence, distributing or filing official forms, or scheduling appointments.
- Issue public notification of all official activities or meetings.
- Collaborate with other staff to assist in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, or priorities.
- Plan and direct the maintenance, filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents.
- Prepare meeting agendas or packets of related information.
- Perform budgeting duties, such as assisting in budget preparation, expenditure review, or budget administration.
- Prepare ordinances, resolutions, or proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, or distributed.
- Maintain fiscal records and accounts.
- Serve as a notary of the public.
- Maintain and update documents, such as municipal codes or city charters.
- Issue various permits and licenses, such as marriage, fishing, hunting, or dog licenses, and collect appropriate fees.
- Prepare reports on civic needs.
- Provide assistance with events, such as police department auctions of abandoned automobiles.
Town Clerk: Kim Ownby (Right)
Assistant Town Clerk: Kristi Bonds (Left)
Office Hours Mon-Fri 8:00-4:30